June 2, 2017
Thanks to Club and District officers who attended (or assigned their proxies for) the District Council Meeting (DCM) on 20 May at the Spring
conference! The necessary quorum was reached so that elections could take place. These are the District Core Team officers and the Division
directors who will take office on 1 July 2017. As you can see – we ADDED a Division Director position (see below):
[table id=15 /]
[table id=17 /]
Meanwhile – here at home – a realignment was concluded which created a new Division – M. Details here:https://toastmastersd95.org/for-officers/re-alignment-may-2017/
Public Relations Manager, 2016-2017
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! – Represent Your Club Members!
Dearest Club President, Dearest VPE,
if you happen to skip your inbox messages, I hope to reach you here.
Please take care of having your club represented at District Council Meeting on the 20th of May in Berlin. You can do it by either:
1) coming to the conference,
2) taking 2 minutes to fill the proxy form and assigning a person from your club to hold your club’s votes during the DCM.
We are going to choose new district leaders, get familiar with territorial changes we might face etc.
In order to be able to function and grow in leadership, YOUR VOTE IS SIGNIFICANT AND MATTERS.
Enough of preaching, the form is here. http://bit.ly/2qgIrRN
From our Administration Manager, Joanna Chmiel.
Who’s Going to steer the ship in 2017-2018?
Recognize any of these people? They are YOUR candidates for Core Team and Division Director roles for next year. Be Informed. Be Involved! http://bit.ly/2oJrvmR
Vote at the upcoming District Spring Conference in Berlin. Be A Berliner! https://toastmastersd95.org/district-conferences/events/
UPDATE ON 2017 – 2018 ELECTIONS
Curious about who is going to lead our Districts forward in the 2017-2018 Toastmasters year? Find out by looking in the Candidates’ Corner
Special recognition goes to Tuire Vuolasvirta, District Leadership Committee Chair and her team of diligent, dedicated and devoted members who interviewed dozens of candidates and prepared a list of nominations. District 95 – Where Leaders are Made.
Dear Fellow Toastmasters,
The District Leadership (Nominating) Committee (‘DLC’) hereby officially opens the nominations for officers to serve in the Toastmasters year 2017 – 2018. We are looking for leaders to serve District 95 and three of the future districts created through the Reformation:
- District C (Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden)
- District D (Poland, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania)
- District F (Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Republic of Moldavia, Slovakia, Ukraine, Croatia)
A. Officers to be Elected during District Council Meeting (‘DCM’) on 20 May 2017:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director Future District C
- Program Quality Director Future District D
- Program Quality Director Future District F
- Club Growth Director Future District C
- Club Growth Director Future District D
- Club Growth Director Future District F
- Division Directors
B. Appointed by District 95 Director
- Public Relations Manager
- Administration Manager
- Finance Manager
- Area Directors
C. Appointed by Finance Manager
- Assistant Finance Manager Future District C
- Assistant Finance Manager Future District D
- Assistant Finance Manager Future District F
District Leadership role descriptions and information can be found in the District Leadership Handbook
There is no fixed line of succession nor is there an automatic, guaranteed progression from one office to another. All positions listed above are open for nomination.
According to Protocol 9.0 (‘District Campaigns and Election’), all candidates are allowed to send one campaign mailing to the district council members between 1 January and 31 March. Then, after the list of nominated candidates is made public in April, all floor and nominated candidates may send one more campaign mailing to the district council between 29 April and 20 May.
District 95 will provide 3 training sessions for its future District Leaders:
1. Sunday 21 May – 11 – 6 pm – Berlin, Germany
2. Weekend of 9-10 September 2017 (location to be determined)
3. Weekend of 10-11 February 2018 (location to be determined)
The elected or appointed District Leaders are strongly encouraged to attend the training in Berlin in preparation for the 2017-2018 Toastmasters year. Official recognition for your service as a District leader will be achieved at the end of your term, when you have fulfilled all requirements and attended at least two training sessions.
How does it work?
- Check the minimum District Leaders Qualifications and Requirements for the position and ensure these are fulfilled before you submit any forms.
- Check the willingness of the nominee to accept the nomination, when you nominate someone.
- Download and Complete the following 4 forms with a photo: Candidate Application, Candidates Biography Information, District Leader Nominating Form and Officer Agreement and Release Form
- Send all completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations will close Midday (CET) 28 February 2017.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Tuire Vuolasvirta, DTM, IPDD
District Leadership Chair (DLC)