Community Calendar — April 13, 2022
Editor’s Note: Is your group meeting one more time and want to get on the community calendar? Let us know at [email protected] gazette.com or 360-683-3311. – doctor
The deadline for articles appearing in the Community Calendar is Wednesday noon, one week before publication to [email protected] or delivered to the Sequim Gazette at 147 W. Washington St.
• Traveler’s Journal Adventure/Travel Series: “Travelling Europe by Bike and Train,” 7 pm Thursday, April 7, Dungeness River Nature Center, 2099 W. Hendrickson Road. Suggested $5 donation. Contact: [email protected]
• Olympic National Park Outlook Winter Speaker Series: “Klamath River Restoration” 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 12 on Zoom. Register on nols.org/nols-events.
• Traveler’s Journal Adventure/Travel Series: “Walking the Dream: The Journey on the Camino de Santiago,” 7 p.m. Thursday, April 14 at the Dungeness River Nature Center, 2099 W. Hendrickson Road. Suggested $5 donation. Contact: [email protected]
• Civic Minds + Creative Hearts event, 6-8:30 p.m., Thursday, April 14, at the Port Angeles Fine Art Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd. $12 for PAFAC members, $14 for the general public. pafac.kindful.com/e/civicmindslocalwater.
• The production of “Bingo! The winning musical. From April 15 to May 1. 7:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, 2 p.m. on Sundays. At the Olympic Theater Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $24 adults, $15 students. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Easter Egg Hunt, 11am Saturday, April 16 at Sequim Elks Lodge #2642, 143 Port Williams Road. For 0-11 year olds.
• Easter “Eggs” Travaganza, 11 a.m. (hunt starts at 1 p.m.), hosted by KSQM 91.5 FM, Saturday, April 16, at The Pumpkin Patch, 260045 US Highway 101. Ages 0-10.
• Discussion on the Battle of the Books: “The Kingdom of Cardboard”, 6:00 p.m., Thursday, April 21, on Zoom Subscribe to nols.org/nols-events.
• 14th Annual North Olympic Land Trust Conservation Breakfast, 9-10 a.m. Friday, April 22, online. RSVP to northolympiclandtrust.org/event/conservation-breakfast-2.
• Run the Peninsula 5k/10k Series Railroad Bridge, 9:30 am Saturday, April 23, from Railroad Bridge Park, 2151 W. Hendrickson Road. $40 for in-person runs or $35 for a 5k/10k/half marathon option. Register on runthepeninsula.com/railroad-bridge.
• Sequim Bay Yacht Club Opening Day, Sunday, May 1, at John Wayne Marina, 2577 W. Sequim Bay Road. Free visit from 9:30 a.m., free boat trips (first come, first served) from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. sequimbayyacht.club, facebook.com/sequimbayyachtclub.
• Annual Clallam County Master Gardeners Spring Plant Sale, Saturday, May 7, Woodcock Demonstration Garden, 2711 Woodcock Road. Sale 9am-12.30pm; half price sale from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. clalammgf.org.
• Sequim City Band, “Concerts at The James” series, 3 p.m. Sunday, May 15, at the James Center for the Performing Arts, 350 N. Blake Ave. Free.
• Time Out!, blues to Broadway to easy listening, 7 p.m. Saturday, May 21, at the Olympic Theater Arts Center, 414 N. Sequim Ave. $15. olympictheatrearts.org.
• Sequim City Band rehearsals, 7-9 pm Wednesdays beginning April 20, at Dungeness Valley Lutheran Church, 925 N. Sequim Ave. sequimcityband.org.
• April 2022 exhibition at the Blue Whole Gallery: “Welcome Spring”. Featured Artists: Mixed Media Sculptor Deborah Harrison and 2D Painting Artist Susan Trisko. At 129 W. Washington St. Gallery, hours of operation: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday. bluewholegallery.com.
• May 2022 exhibition of the Blue Whole Gallery: “Creating from the order of nature”. Featured Artists: Fractal Artist Dan Brewer (Fractal Artist) and 2D Painter Dennis (Doc) Pangborn. At 129 W. Washington St. Gallery, hours of operation: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday. Meet the artists at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 6, during the First Friday Art Walk Sequim. bluewholegallery.com.
• Rain or shine! Outdoor Storytime series, until May 31. Story time for all ages features stories, music, rhymes and lots of movement and fun. Storytimes at the Sequim Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave., will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in the field behind the library. 360-417-8500, [email protected]
• Poetry Walks organized by North Olympic Library System, Olympic National Park, until 31 May. In Olympic National Park trails: Hall of Mosses Trail, Living Forest Trail, Madison Creek Falls Trail, Spruce Railroad Trail, Peabody Creek Trail. nols.org.
• Shipley Center Classes/Activities: Tai chi, exercise classes, basic meditation, computer clinic, some offered via Zoom. 360-683-6806, [email protected] (Note: some classes are limited in size)
• Clallam County Master Gardeners Plant Response Clinics, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. through Oct. 17 (except holidays), at the Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles. [email protected]
• Club Swim Toastmasters. Meets every Tuesday, 7-8:30 p.m. Currently meets online via Zoom. Get the link at 907529.toastmastersclubs.org.
• 2nd Tuesday Book Discussion Group, 11 a.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register on nols.org/nols-events.
• Olympic Peninsula Christian Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m., third Thursday, currently meeting online via Zoom. Email [email protected]
• Gardiner Community Cemetery Commissioners, 4 p.m., Second Thursday, Ground Floor of the Gardiner Community Center, 980 Old Gardiner Road, Gardiner. Public invited to attend.
• First Friday Art Walk Sequim. Free, self-guided tour of local art spots in Sequim, 5-8 p.m., the first Friday of the month. SequimArtWalk.com.
• Sequim Senior Singles, 1 pm, second Saturday of the month at Big Elk Restaurant, 707 E. Washington St. Seeking new members. Call Barbara Miller at 360-809-8336.
• Strait Turners Woodturning Club. Currently meeting online. Contact Jackie Le Doux at 360-457-5172 (8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and after 5 p.m.) or 360-452-5673 (12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.).
• 2nd Saturday Book Discussion Group, 3 p.m., currently meeting online via Zoom. Register on nols.org/nols-events.